of the money they have in their account effective November 1, 2018?
- School Cafe is the parent portal for Shawnee Mission School District food service. The link to instructions for using School Cafe https://www.smsd.org/about/departments/food-service. Parents can:
- View their children's account balance and purchases
- Set restrictions for ala carte purchases
- Submit free and reduced meal applications
- Set reminders for low account balances
- If a parent does not want their child to purchase anything from food service, they need to contact the food services office.
- Students will not be permitted to purchase ala carte items if their account is negative.
- Parents or guardians of all students will receive low account notifications via email or phone call if their students account is at $8.00 or less for full price and $2.00 or less for reduced price.
- Negative account notifications will be made to all students via parents or guardians email or phone call.
- All negative account balances will follow the student throughout the year.
- If the debt is not repaid, all negative account balances will be sent to the collection agency at the end of the school year.
Don't forget- if your child receives free or reduced meals, they are eligible for one breakfast and one lunch per day as part of this benefit. All breakfast and lunch meal choices are available for all students regardless of eligibility status.
The school breakfast menus, lunch menus, and other nutrition information are available on the district's website at http://foodservices.smsd.org
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.