The Shawnee Mission Area Council Clothing Exchange is now open. As of this week, donation bins are out again. If dropping off donations, please be mindful of the weather as volunteers are only onsite about twice a week to unload the bins. Other options for donation drop off are Monday mornings, 9am-12pm, when volunteers are onsite and Thursday evenings, 4pm-7pm, while open for shopping.
Most needed items:
- Tennis shoes: All sizes and styles, boys and girls. This would include adult sizes as many students start wearing adult sizes in upper elementary school.
- New underwear: All sizes toddler- adult (especially boys). Socks as well but frequently have to purchase underwear to cover needs.
- Pajamas: New and used in all sizes, most needed pajamas in children's sizes 12 and up. All sizes move very quickly.
- Older boys and girls clothes: Winter weather appropriate! Sizes 12 and up are regularly the lowest inventory items.
- Winter outerwear: Coats, snow pants, snow boots
- Hats & gloves: All sizes
- Bedding: Lap blankets, sleeping bags, pillow cases, sheets, bed blankets. Many of these items are also used by the McKinney-Vento Homeless program at the district.
- Towels and washcloths: CE almost never has these donated but when they do, they are gone very quickly!
- Books: Early reader through YA
Items NOT currently needed:
- Infant and toddler items: There is a back stock of these currently.
- Household items: Décor or furniture
- Dress clothes and dress shoes of any size or business wear: party dresses, khakis, sports coats, dress shirts
- Toys: Due to the high hand contact these items bring, t is not possible to disinfect these after every shopping event.
For more details on how to help, click here.